NAIFA-South Carolina is pleased to offer the Marcia Pierce Academic Scholarship to a dependent or grandchild of a NAIFA-South Carolina member.
Purpose of Scholarship
To provide financial assistance to a student with an interest in pursuing continuing education in any field.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship:
- They are a dependent or grandchild of a NAIFA-South Carolina member. The NAIFA-South Carolina member must be in good standing for two or more years.
- Have a minimum grad point average of 2.75 and wither is enrolled full-time in a US high-school, has graduated from a US high school or has obtained their US GED at the time of application (attach transcripts or official record); OR is enrolled full-time as a college student at the undergraduate level with a minimum grad point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official record)
Application Process -Download Application
Application materials must be received by May 31, 2021, in order to be considered. The following materials should be submitted:
- Completed application form and other requested documents.
- A typed essay (no more than one page double spaced) addressing one of the following topics:
- Describe an accomplishment you have been recognized for and its influence on you.
- Who has been most influential in your life and why?
- What are you career aspirations and why?
- One letter of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, or other adult who is not an
- Letter of Acceptance from a 2 or 4-year accredited college or community college.
Recipients will be selected by a scholarship committee, appointed by the NAIFA-South Carolina State President, based on the application materials provided. Payment will be made to the recipient's college of choice upon notification and accordance with the College's scholarship guidelines.
Up to two scholarships will be awarded, payable to the recipients' educational institution as follows:
*$1,000 to a 2 or 4-year accredited college. or a community college
For more information please contact Artem Mulitsa firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Loden email@example.com